Wednesday 1 April 2015

My Experience in Voss (Peakay)

Hello, were now in our second week in Voss. Its currently the Easter week holiday so none of us have placement. 

On our first night we had a quick tour around Voss from Knut he showed us where the basic places were eg Rimi. We all chose our rooms and then spent the rest of our evening in the social area, talking about the trip expectations. Our first day was spent getting familiar with the setting. 

Going to the top of the mountain in the cable cars was great. The scenes from up there were stunning, you could see the whole of Voss. Also you could see everyone skiing which looked like so much fun, I think we were all jealous of them. Today I did the simulator sky dive, and honestly one of the best things Ive done in my life. It was incredible you go in twice the ifsrt time your just getting to grips of your balance and how to keep in mid air. The second time you just get to have fun really, the instructor took me all the way to the top of the tunnel which was incredible it was soooo much fun. Its something everyone should try!!



So far I've
- Been on the cable cars
- Walked around Voss
- Shopping
- Trip to Bergen
- Eating at places like Steakhouse, Peppes Pizza, Chinahouse etc
- Simulator Sky dive

What I plan to do
- Norway in a Nutshell
- Kayaking


I really like my placement in the school. I mainly work with the 4A class which is an amazing class to work with. There all very enthusiastic about learning English, and meeting me. Its interesting to see the different set-up of timetables. The children have lunch at 10:30 which is very different to back home. They also finish at 1:30 here and either go home or go to the SFO programme. The SFO programme is for children who have parents who work and goes on from 1:30 till 4 pm. I love this part of the day, as there are a few individuals here who are really fun to spend time with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment