Sunday 5 April 2015

John's time in Voss


Voss blog.

Ok. So we have been here now for 15 days and can't get enough of the place. The first week we had our placements and I was working with John Rexter and Thomas Marshall at a company called Moen and Saue. We are working on a new school build and I am loving it. The manager, Sveinhung Riber, seems a really nice guy and is very friendly and talkative towards us. On the Saturday he took us to his office and showed us the theory side of the construction industry here in Norway. I found this really interesting as it differed greatly from the way we do stuff in Shetland. It all seems more simple and organised than in Shetland. Then he took the three of us out for lunch in the centre of Voss.
Then on the Sunday Sveinhung took us on a day trip to Hardangerfjord. It was an amazing day. The views were absolutely stunning. Whilst in Hardangerfjord Sveinhung showed us around his office and workshop there and let us understand a little more about his company.

The following week we had off because of the national Easter holiday here in Norway. I decided it would be a good idea to use this week to see the place and do some activities whilst I am here.
I have so far gone to Bergen for a day, went up the mountain here in Voss, swimming, went skydiving in the wind tunnel and been on the round trip "Norway in a nutshell". I have thorouly enjoyed my time so far here in Voss and i can't wait to see what else I get up to during my time in this beautiful country.

John Hughson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment