Tuesday 14 April 2015

James' work experiance


The trip is nearing it's end and it is time for me to write up what has happened to me.

My first placement was at a company named Logolink who specialize in making logos for private businesses. I was accompanied by Beky for that week and our first task was to help make a design for a favicon for a hotel comparison website. That was the first time either Becky or I had worked with adobe illustrator and it took a few days to get used to it. After our boss, Igne Draugsvoll, declared Becky's design to be the better one he drove us out to a few of his customers. Over the course of our time there we got to use a bunch of different editing software, create different designs for different customers and work on creating a website. The highlight of my time there was when Becky and I were treated to lunch on one of the highest mountain in Voss.

My second placement was at a computer repair shop named Plei which was just down the road from Logolink. Plei are a local business who repair laptops and computers for customers and they also sell and prepare new computers for buyers. For my first day there they had me taking apart computers and laptops for their hard drives, RAM, graphics cards, disk drives, processors, keyboards and screens. This was the firs time I had taken a laptop apart and I found it very interesting especially since by the end I was able to take apart each component with out taking off any unnecessary parts. For the rest of the week I was given the task to make a rough draft of a website for them since their old one was looking out of date. I found this quite fun especially trying to problem solve issues with inserting and editing different functions with html.

These past few weeks have been a great. I have learned a lot from my placements at Logolink and Plei and I feel that the lessons I have had back in Shetland have prepared me for what I was asked to do on this trip.

James Monaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment